Why is all suddenly spelled not in capitals at the beginning of the sentence?

A

AC Question

Hello,

like:

hello world!

in contrast to

Hello world!

Just changed a week ago without me changing anything. In all apps. So android keyboard.

Thanks!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. What device do you have and what keyboard app are you using? With Google keyboard, for example, go to settings - language & input - Google keyboard - text correction and make sure auto-capitalisation is switched on.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This kind of thing often seems to be due to buggy updates to the Android System Webview app. Go to your Play Store, search for Android System Webview, and Uninstall (which will revert it to the factory version). If it works after that, then wait for the next update to Android System Webview, and see if they fixed the glitch at that time.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, but cant find capitalisation or android system webview. I got an Android 4.4.2. Samsung s4 mini. BR
Thanks for registering! Yeah, it seems this bug is affecting mostly Samsung devices. As B. Diddy pointed out, uninstalling updates for Android System webview managed to fix the problem for many users.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=740606

Yesterday I had an update for this app, check the Play Store and see if it is available for you as well. If nothing works you could try downloading a different keyboard, like Google Keyboard or SwiftKey, and see if the problem persists.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Android System Webview is for Android 5.0 and above, so that's why you can't find it.

Is this the Samsung Keyboard app? As Javier P suggested, try installing Google Keyboard and see if the same problem happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech