I store a lot of music I listen to at my S3 mini at a Samsung 32 GB SD card. But since about 2 months some crazy things are going on.

Some songs stop shortly, play further and stop again but now completely and it skips to the next song. If I manually skip to a spot after it skipped it completely, it will play the song fine until the end. And this keeps happening with the same song over and over.

Another problem is, that the same happens at the computer when I try to play the files. And more and more songs began to have this issue lately. I've already downloaded another music player but it keeps happening.

Has somebody a solution for this? On one hand to repair the broken files and on the other hand to stop this happening to new music?

Thank you very much
    12-15-2016 09:40 AM
    I store a lot of music I listen to at my S3 mini at a Samsung 32 GB SD card. But since about 2 months some crazy things are going on.

Some songs stop shortly, play further and stop again but now completely and it skips to the next song. If I manually skip to a spot after it skipped it completely, it will play the song fine until the end. And this keeps happening with the same song over and over.

Another problem is, that the same happens at the computer when I try to play the files. And more and more songs began to have this issue lately. I've already downloaded another music player but it keeps happening.

Has somebody a solution for this? On one hand to repair the broken files and on the other hand to stop this happening to new music?

Thank you very much
    It's a SD card corruption issue
    12-15-2016 09:47 AM
    Try running chkdsk to repair the card
    nahoku likes this.
    12-15-2016 09:48 AM
    I can access the SD card without any problems and some mp3 files are fine like most of the other files I store at that card. Just certain files seem to be damaged, so I don't think my SD card is corrupted.

But another helpful information may be the fact that I just tried to copy one of the damaged files at my computer and it said that it wasn't able to read it.
    12-15-2016 10:13 AM
    Corrupted sectors=damaged files. Seriously, run chkdsk
    nahoku likes this.
    12-15-2016 10:16 AM
    If you can't read one file, there's something wrong with the card - it may only be starting to go, but it's probably going to keep getting worse.

If we knew the card manufacturer, size and speed (U1? Class 6?) we might be able to give you more information. (If it's a SanDisk card, go to SanDisk microSD Tech Support, look in the upper right corner for live chat, and talk to them. They're pretty good about replacing bad cards.)
    nahoku likes this.
    12-15-2016 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD