How do you remove pre-installed apps?

The Greggs Man

Dec 15, 2016
Visit site
So a couple of months ago a family member managed to get some phones from work. The phones were being "thrown out" due to the packaging being damaged during in transportation, but the phones themselves were fine.

However, the phones were 8GB Samsung J5's and that's a tiny storage space, however, considering these were supposed to be work phones, and not personal ones, it makes sense.

Because they were supposed to be work phones I have about 200 small apps installed that I cant unistall. All of them with really messed up names. My problem is that I cant unistall them and all of them combined is taking up about 6.5GB of tho phones internal HDD.

Force stopping them doesn't seem to work either, as the data is still there, the apps also don't come under apps. They only appear when checking the phones storage.

I've even purchased a 64GB Samsung Micro SD card and still that hasn't solved the storgae space problem.

Someone plead help!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Possibly with Kingroot - it roots a lot of phones, but not all of them. (And once you have root access, Settings/Application manager may be all you need to uninstall a pre-installed app.

Caution: An app that you think you don't want may have functions in it that are used by other apps - and uninstalling that app will kill others. So be careful which app you're uninstalling.