Google Calendar not syncing to web (Galaxy Note 4)

A

AC Question

I have been using the Google Calendar app for some time now. Originally it was working fine, but over the past year I've noticed that it is no longer properly syncing.

I often get a msg when trying to create a new event that says "Google Calendar cannot sync with Samsung Kies. Use MyCalendar to sync with Kies."

I have been researching this off and on for the last year and have not found a good solution other than a full factory reset of my phone or an uninstall/reinstall of the app complete with cache wipe. I don't actually mind doing the uninstall IF someone can tell me how to archive everything off my calendar and re-upload. I am in Real Estate and our particular state laws require a record of certain appointments, etc. so I can't afford to start over with a blank calendar.

Because I know certain questions will be asked, let me add some additional information:
1) YES, I am making sure to use the correct Google account on my phone AND my web version of Google Calendar
2) YES, I have checked all the sync settings, re-synced, etc. and this does nothing to resolve the issue
3) I have tried this with different accounts and the problem is the same
4) I have also ensured that I am posting to my Google account, not the "My Calendar" account
5) The problem runs both directions (IE: if I enter appointments on the web they don't show on my phone and vice versa).
6) I was thinking perhaps uninstalling Kies would solve the issue but can't find instructions on that, nor do I know that it's the problem

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
One more question - did you ever back up the calendar app before the problem started? If so, and the phone is rooted, you might try uninstalling the calendar, installing the older version and seeing if that fixes it. (Google has been known to add one tiny feature to an app ... and break the whole functionality of the app.)

Or you could try Jorte Calendar & Organizer - it synchronizes to both Google and My calendars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze