Samsung S5 "Check Battery Cover" Warning!!

A

AC Question

hi there,

Was hoping someone could provide some help!

I've got an Australian Samsung S5 (G900I) which was working perfectly on KitKat though I recently upgraded to Marshmallow.
Whilst everything seems to be OK one thing that is driving me crazy is I continually get the "Check Battery Cover" warning popping up. Not just after a restart but dozens of times while using an app, etc.

I've tried a hard reset and the problem still exists! so I was looking at options in terms of getting around this?

Can anyone point me to if there is a sensor for this? i.e. maybe I can do something with the sensor so it doesn't come up?

Alternatively, I've read that if I root the phone I can turn the warning permanently off which would be great! that said, Ive never rooted a phone and I cant seem to find a guide or root files for my specific version of phone (G900I) I really don't want to brick the phone!!

Any help would be appreciated!

cheers

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Read THIS thread... covers from cleaning pins on the cover (don't know if there are any), to a bulging battery pushing up the cover. You might check if your battery is bulging... if it doesn't lie perfectly flat on a flat surface, then it's bulging and time to replace it. Anyways, from that thread, could be any number of things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21