What's the best/easiest way to make my LG G7 the Chrome default browser

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Any way to speed it up?
Could you clarify the device you have? In the meantime, you are trying to make Chrome the default browser, so go into the browser app which is set to default. Open system settings > applications > default browser app (select the one you have default) > click on clear defaults. From there, the next time you are asked to use a browser app choose Chrome as the default.

If this is not the problem you are having let me know and we'll provide further help.

Len R

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
I have a LG G Pad 7.0 LTE. Android Version is 5.0.2. Build # is LRX22G. Software Version is V41020c. It looks like there is not a newer software available for this tablet. I wouldn't have chosen it, but my wife was forced into a 2 year contract, for her business, which included this tablet.

Thanks for your help.
Len

Len R

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
Setup for the Android browser shows no choice for clear defaults, only clear data and clear cache (are those the defaults that you mean?). The clear default choice is there but not accessible, under launch by default it shows no defaults set.

Len

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Install Default App Manager to make it easier to get to the Application manager screen to clear defaults for the current browser. Then tap any .html file and it'll ask you which browser to use. Tap Chrome and tap Always.

Any way to speed the browser up? No. Just be glad that it's not IE 5.5 (which gave new meaning to the phrase "totally dead". It was working, but after 25 minutes, I killed one run on a page that took Firefox 25 seconds to fully load and display. More than 60:1, and the 1 wasn't a really fast browser back then. Chrome is good, it has a lot of addons (I still prefer Firefox on everything), but the more a browser can do, the slower it's going to be. Little Web Browser is fast - it doesn't do anything (not even graphics, it's a text-only browser, based on Lynx - but Lynx was the fastest browser there was).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781