Galaxy Note 4 - can I unroot

A

AC Question

Note 4 freezing, rebooting after update (pre 6.0.1). Contacted Samsung Customer Support. Apparently it has been rooted (phone was brand new to me),, they said it can often happen with third party apps and software. So now it is out of warranty - this suck!

I have tried Firmware upgrade and initialisation with Kies for Mac it will see the device but tells me the server is not connected.

Any suggestions please. So frustrating

jeffhaskins

May 2, 2016
Visit site
Vol-, home, and power will boot to download mode. You need a windows pc and Odin3. Download firmware from sammobile.com and also download and extract Odin. Load the firmware file into the PDA slot and uncheck repartition and reboot when finished. Plug the phone into usb and you should see the phone with a colored block at the top left corner of Odin. Tell it to start. It will flash the firmware. Reboot and you are now back to stock with no root.

3skittles

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
Thanks jeffhaskins. Just have to find someone with a windows pc who'll let me use it. But thanks very much - fingers crossed.

Is there any app that I could have installed that could have prevented this? Presumably there is no way of knowing which app and when it happened?

jeffhaskins

May 2, 2016
Visit site
Really, not too many apps install root and of the ones that do, many don't work on different devices. Unless you used kingo or kingroot, it is very unlikely. In fact, I think they might have been feeding you a load just so they don't have to honor the warranty. When it updated was it an OTA update? If so, then you definitely don't have root, as root causes OTA updates to fail installation.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1