I recently dropped my phone, and the edge cracked, along with breaking the LCD so the bottom half of the screen flashes white at 200% brightness.. Is this an LCD problem? If so, who should I contact? I bought it at T-Mobile 4 months ago. I don't think I had any sort of warranty either. Please Help!
    12-20-2016 08:22 PM
    Take it to a repair shop, or contact Samsung. Either way, it's going to cost you. Samsung might be cheaper.
    12-21-2016 04:17 AM
    This sounds very similar to what just happened to me. However, I don't think my LCD is cracked only the glass cover?? My phone seems to be working fine. I have started to look into "fixing" my S7 Edge screen. I found several youtube videos on how to do it yourself once you order the part(s). I found a site: Digital Supply USA that sells kits for replacement Glass cover and also the full LCD with the digitizer. Repair Parts Plus also seems to sell the same kits. For just the glass cover it is $40 and for the LCD and the digitizer is is around $340 (half the cost of the darn phone). I did stop into a repair center yesterday and the individual working told me that it would be IMPOSSIBLE for me to replace just the Glass (assuming that is all the is broken on mine) because when you try to "heat" the glass off the current LCD it will not come off without breaking the LCD. Not what I wanted to hear. However, I find it crazy they would sell just the glass if it wasn't able to be easily replaced.

I am going to continue to review some video's and figure out what I need to order. I did send an email to Digital Supply USA asking a question and they responded quickly.

I will post back here with what I ended up doing.

One other option: If you bought your phone outright and paid with a credit card you may be able to have the credit card company reimburse you. I am looking into this also. Some CC companies have a damage clause that if YOU damage the device within a time frame they will credit you the amount you spent previously. I did this once with a BlackBerry and Amex. I had to send them the device but I didn't care. I just bought another phone and they credited my account the $$.

This could be an option.
    12-22-2016 12:43 PM