When I send a picture via text message, two copies of the picture are saved in the "pictures" folder in my gallery. I have a galaxy s5. My phone is relatively new, but it hasn't always done this. I recently had a t-mobile software update, so I'm wondering if the problem is related to the update. Please help; this is really annoying!!
    12-21-2016 09:45 PM
    It could be due to a couple of things. I'm thinking that either the SMS software isn't deleting the extra copy after sending it, or the folder it's saving it to doesn't have a .nomedia file in it (but if they're both showing in the same album, it would have to be the first one - you can't mark a folder unscannable and still scan some of the pictures in it).

Take the phone to a carrier store that has a good technical staff (or, if you're in the US, Best Buy, or in the UK, I think it's Cellphone Warehouse - and look for the Samsung rep [the one wearing a Samsung shirt] in the cellphone area]) and ask. You shouldn't be getting copies of sent MMSs (unless you're adding your name to every SMS you send - check that first).
    12-23-2016 01:46 PM