Screen using more battery lg g3

A

AC Question

My lg g3 screen using 60% battery as time on 1 hour 23 minutes.. Is this happening because i changed my lcd or its something related to hardware? Help me please

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The screen will usually be one of the top battery users by percentage. The more important question would be how long is the battery lasting on one charge? Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

Nomanfbb

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
Sir the screen "time on is 1 hour 59minutes" the screen takes 62%.. I changed my battery as well as charger but still im getting this problem.. Battery backup is 4 hours if you are using continuously. If its on standby its giving 16 to 18 hours..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the screenshots. It looks like you're on track for a little over 3 hours of total screen-on time -- which certainly isn't great, but isn't necessarily that unusual. Did you used to get much better screen-on time?

Also, it'd be good to see the graph (if possible) that shows the cell signal strength over the course of the battery charge. If you tap on the battery graph, do you get a fullscreen graph that has a cell signal strength bar along the bottom? If not, you might want to install GSam Battery Monitor, which does have a cell signal strength graph.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I'm still encountering a bug in the desktop AC forums website where some posted images don't show up. I know that these images can be seen if I use the app, but I don't have that currently in front of me. Are you following this procedure to post images? http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

EDIT: Ok, I took a look on the AC app. I don't see a screenshot of the cell signal strength graph -- did you find it? Also, I'm not sure why GSam is using that much battery itself.

Last edited:

Nomanfbb

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
Sorry, I'm still encountering a bug in the desktop AC forums website where some posted images don't show up. I know that these images can be seen if I use the app, but I don't have that currently in front of me. Are you following this procedure to post images? http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

EDIT: Ok, I took a look on the AC app. I don't see a screenshot of the cell signal strength graph -- did you find it? Also, I'm not sure why GSam is using that much battery itself.

Attachments

• 3250.jpg
    3250.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 4

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That screenshot only shows the signal at that point in time. I'm talking about a line graph or colored bar graph that shows the signal over a period of time.