I'm desperately looking for help on how to get one of my cell phones to work . I have two cell phones I need help trying to put on a bring your own phone plan. The first one is the Moto E Snapdragon, I believe, I have all the information as far as imei, serial number etc.
    With this phone I can get it to turn on and everything but i can't go past Google verify acct page asking for previous acct information which I do not have. I have tried several tips that I found online to go around it but none have succeeded. I also get a "having trouble activating your phone" message after I've put the sim card in. The other one is a Coolpad catalyst. With the Coolpad it is basically brand-new I've had it about a week about 4 days after I began using it the screen went black I can see icons on the menu screen, i can even pull down the menu and see notifications click on them but nothing happens. I cannot click anywhere I have tried a couple tips for this one and still nothing works. I really need to get a cell phone working. is there somebody that can please help me any help will be greatly appreciated.
    12-22-2016 01:12 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! For the Moto E, you're encountering Google's Factory Reset Protection. If a phone is factory reset without first properly removing the Google account, that's considered an unauthorized factory reset, which then requires the user to input the Google username and password of the account that was associated with the phone just prior to the reset. Did you get the phone used from somewhere? If so, you'll need to locate the previous owner and ask if them to help you log in using their account so that you can properly remove their account, thus allowing you to perform an authorized factory reset. If you can't locate the previous owner, then unfortunately the phone is useless. We can't help you bypass Google's security features.

For the Coolpad, does the problem persist after a reboot? How about in Safe Mode? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-31206. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's most likely a hardware defect. Bring it back to the store to get a replacement, or contact the manufacturer, since it should still be under warranty.
    12-22-2016 04:19 AM
    thank you for the info. I got into safe mode on the coolpad inveryed colors so i caould see if it was even trying to do anything now i get a message "calls will be made over wi fi tap to access preferences" so i try but screen flashes but still nothing on screen. anything else i can try? also i have a lg leon ( was my old phone via metro pcs before i got the coolpad.) but it is frequently overheating and wont let me connect for wi fi calls can do the texting but not calling.. any thoughts? again thanks for your help
    12-23-2016 02:16 AM
    If the Coolpad is doing that in Safe Mode, then it's either a hardware problem or a firmware problem. You could look into reflashing the firmware, if possible -- but that might require rooting the device. Search the forums at XDA-developers.com, since that's generally a better resource for this kind of thing.

For the Leon -- have you already tried a new or different battery? Does the overheating persist after a factory reset, or in Safe Mode?
    12-23-2016 03:44 PM