Samsung Gear S3 Frontier. US or International Version

pmaisonet

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering if it matters which one I get. Does anyone know any really main differences? I have heard that SPay does not work on the Int'l version. Then I read a review saying it did. Thoughts on if it matters which I should get?

posio3

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I received Gear S3 as a gift that was purchased on Amazon. Loved it from the moment I paired with my Samsung phone. Samsung Pay was not an option so I called Samsung Pay tech support and after reviewing the model and some other info from the Gear it was determined that it was the "international" version and was not able to download and use Samsung Pay here in the States. It could be downloaded and used in the Korea through their banking system and the program would have to be loaded from that country as well.

Sheesh....Although Samsung Pay is just one of the many, many uses for this purchase, it is, without a doubt a major player in my decision to want this watch.

Luckily, the seller is willing to let us return the watch (they realize that they were advertising the ability to use Samsung Pay) and I will get the correct one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08