Is there a way to see a list of apps that were installed through galaxy apps on an android phone?

A

AC Question

Well, please forgive if this has been addressed in another thread, but I've been searching for 2 hours.
I got this Samsung Galaxy S7 edge phone about a month ago. I had a galaxy S4 before that for ocer 2 years.
Today I experienced, as many of you have, auto-installation of apps. It took me a while to figure out why 12 different things came up as installed on my notifications, and then even longer to find out where they were coming from, considering when I started researching I didn't even know that Galaxy Apps existed.
I learned that samsung takes the liberty of pushing out content through galaxy apps, so I've turned off all auto updates it now. But what I want is to be able to see what has been installed already up to this point.
First I tried to just find a history or log for all notifications, but it doesn't seem like you can get that anymore without downloading an app, and of course that will only start keeping track after you install it.
Then I tried to see if there was just a list I could access for all downloads that have taken place. Lots of places said to look in My Files under download history, but this didn't show any app downloads. It just showed pdfs or images I've downloaded.
So next I went looking in Galaxy Apps for a list. After all, in Play Store you can see what you've downloaded, so shouldnt Galaxy Apps work the same way?
When you go into galaxy apps there IS a menu selection for "my apps" and then you can pick "all apps", but this just gave me a list of apps that all say "preloaded" yet have the option to download, which makes no sense to me.
One app that I did make note of getting a notification that it was installed was Hancom Office Editor. And it is most definetley not in this list of all my apps in Galaxy Apps. It is also not listed in the app drawer anywhere, and doesnt come up in a search of the app drawer. It is however listed in application manager.
I did a test and downloaded S Note from Galaxy Apps. It showed up in the app drawer and in application manager, but also did not show up in the all apps list in Galaxy Apps.
Any suggestions about how I can see what was auto installed by Galaxy Apps?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy Apps>My Apps>All Apps

That list shows you all apps downloaded via Galaxy apps, and Samsung apps whose base structure is already preloaded onto your phone (like the Video app), but the additional app may give additional features.
The other stuff that you saw downloaded from Galaxy apps weren't apps, which is why you don't see them in the app drawer, application settings, or on a search. The Edge Features, like Edge panels, Always on Display updates, Themes, and other specific things are updated via Galaxy Apps. I remember that Samsung once pushed an update for additional Edge panels.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't know as I don't have that on my S7 Edge. I do have it on my Tab 4, and Hancom Office shows up in app drawer. Unless it's not the Hancom app that was downloaded, but rather a service integrated in one of the other apps. For example, can My Files open documents? Hancom may appear as one of the options to open documents. Although in my case, my phone came with Microsoft Office.