I have a Note 4 and I'm trying to get Ok Google working from any screen and lock screen.

So far I have disabled S Voice and cleared out all of the app cache.

I can enable the options "From any screen" and "Personal Results" under the google apps settings. But as soon as I close the app they revert back to disabled and the voice detection only works from the google app.

The s Voice app, when enabled, seemed to exhibit a similar behavior.

I'm also running Nova launcher and Arrow lock screen.
    12-26-2016 01:20 PM
    Some slight progress. If I delete the voice profile and retrain it will stay enabled for a minute or two. But it still doesn't work and will revert back to being disabled.

Sometimes I miss the Apple "just works" way of things.
    12-26-2016 05:26 PM
    Do you have it turned on in Nova settings? The launcher has it's own function for that.
    12-26-2016 06:20 PM
    Thanks for the reply! I didn't even know that setting was there.

I had gotten it working earlier by deleting cache, deleting the profile, rebooting and retraining.

However, now the problem I have is it only works once (after a reboot) while locked. But it always works while unlocked. My goal is to use it in the car and while in bed.

I just made the Nova setting change and so far the lock screen still doesn't work past the first time. I may try another reboot and see how that does.
    12-26-2016 07:57 PM
    Now after a reboot I can use OK Google once on the lockscreen. On the first use while locked she/it cuts off mid response. Then I find the lock screen setting disabled in the google app.

Hopefully I can get this going. A digital assistant is next to useless without full time availability.
    12-26-2016 08:20 PM