How to set micro sd card as default download?

A

AC Question

i have a galaxy tab a6 i got for xmas. after updates, it obviously would have less space than what's advertised, in this case, less than half of the 8GB it says it has. I factory reseted it because even though I moved some apps to my micro sd card i got, it still has 1.7gb left. Problem was that I could not download an app which was 1.73 gb. After reseting, I had 2.9gb ish. Even though I can download it now, this is still a problem to me. Would appreciate it if someone could tell me how to make it so I can have the micro sd card as default download place. I looked everywhere i can think off, but to no avail. If I am overlooking some obvious thing, I apologize.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
There is no system-wide default download place. If there was, it would be set to the internal storage.
Each app has its own download area. Some apps allow you to set this, but most do not.
Put your music, videos, pictures, documents on the SD card.
Most apps do not let themselves be moved to the SD card.
Some well-behaved apps will store their large data files on the SD card. Most apps are not that well behaved.

8 gigs is a small amount of storage. You are going to be doing the uninstall-install shuffle.