Samsung S6 Active making a Fire alarm/siren noise with no way to turn off

A

AC Question

My Samsung S6 Active has been making a fire alarm/siren noise lately. A total of 2 times, first it was just sitting in my pocket while I was walking around the mall. At first I thought it was the mall's fire alarm going off, but as I listen closer it was coming from my pocket and from the phone itself. Second time it happen was today, while I was using the phone to browse the internet.

Both time the phone was pretty warm, when I got it out, also the phone has not been modified anyway at all, and its always up to date on firmware from AT&T. I have checked my clocks and setting and there is no siren/fire alarm setting. Contacted Samsung support and they did a remote access. Nothing has really been resolve.

So does anybody know what's going on? Or what it could be? Everything i googled so far has been very unsettling as people keep pointing out that it used the same battery as the Note 7 and that it could be a fire hazard.

Nikkii k

Apr 16, 2017
Visit site
It happen to me it was GOD AWFUL ear piercing. I typed in Google galaxy s7 siren noise after I went to Verizon Today and called samsung. They ALL said I was lying.......I walked in Verizon told them what happen at my apartment building it just went off out of nowhere

It was so bad the building manager came over!!!! They thought it was fire alarm smoke detectors. UNTIL......Get this.....my phone alarm went off and interrupted it......it was then we realized it was my galaxy s7 ......then I shut my phone alarm off then it went back on Earth Piercing siren. .....the only way to disable is to shut your phone off.....or turn your phone alarm on......absolutely scary as hell....I'm ready to call news station or go on you tube.....as this is happening to more and more people.....imagine....a kid driving or a grandmother driving.. ...holding a baby in your arms....and this happens.....the noise is so bad all 4 of us had a headache for HOURS.......

SO sorry you had to go through this....as we did.....I walked in Verizon I demanded explanations and a new phone.....they called me a Liar..... :( but replaced my phone with the same model.....I begged for a different one....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21