Hi all!

I bought few days ago my new samsung A3 with android 6.0.1. Then I restored my backups of the previous phone and today I discovered a *HUGE* problem in the sms stock app.

AFTER having restored messages I opened the app settings and I noted the option "delete older messages after maximum is reached (1000 sms)" which was enabled by default!!!
    This is absolutely unacceptable. I don't have old backups anymore, but I would never imagine of such thing. I have found myself with more than 1000 sms deleted, and some were very important. It isn't just possible that such and option is enabled by defualt without any warning!

Do you know of some good app to restore them? I am serisously thinking about asking a reimbursement
    12-29-2016 06:20 AM
    Where are the backups? Did you delete them immediately? I honestly think you won't get a reimbursement if you try that route. The question begs to ask why you deleted the backups if you haven't checked if they were restored properly.

Anyway, I have yet to hear of ANY app that can reliably restore any data from your phone without rooting. And even when rooted the options are unreliable.

In your case I would focus more on retrieving the backup.
    12-29-2016 06:28 AM