I've had an s7 for just over a year. In the last 2 days I've noticed that it's taking an abnormal amount of time to charge. I've used a generic charger and the Samsung wireless charge pad, both with the same effect. With charge pad it was on there for 3 hours and still wasn't charged to max. I haven't tried the fast charge cable yet. I try to let the battery run pretty low before charging. Never had this problem with any device before!
    12-29-2016 10:02 AM
    1. You can't have had an S7 for over a year. It isn't even 1 year since it was announced back in February, let alone 1 year since it was released in March.

2. Download GSAM monitor and after a couple of cycles check if any app is abnormally using a lot of battery.

3. Try to charge the device while in Safe Mode and see if it charges faster.

4. How often have you been charging per day before?

5. It is not advisable to let the phone go below 20% before charging. In fact it is optimal to charge the phone before it hits 40% if you are able to do so.
    12-29-2016 10:30 AM
    maybe the power source is not good. try a different outlet
    12-29-2016 10:49 AM
    The battery is 3000mAh. A wireless charger (not a wireless fast charger) charges at about 600mA, which is close to 6 hours to charge an almost dead* 3000mAh battery (3000/600=5 - plus the inefficiency means at least another hour). So leave the phone on the charger overnight, at least. (You can't overcharge it.)

And that's if the phone is off during charge. If the phone is running while you're charging it, it may be getting only a few ma actually charging the battery - the rest is running the phone. Run Ampere (during charging) to see what's happening when you're charging the phone.

*NEVER allow a lithium battery to discharge down past 40%. (When it hits 50%, start looking for an outlet.) Lithium is not a deep-discharge chemistry. (Lead-acid is, but you don't want to be carrying a 5 pound battery around. Lithium is the lightest metal, but that's the only good thing about lithium batteries.)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-30-2016 12:38 PM