My phone is a Straight Talk H710VL Huawei Sensa LTE Prepaid Phone that I bought from WalMart a few days ago.

All I've done is linked my Google account to the phone and enabled Developer Options and ticked the USB debugging option on along with ticking the Enable OEM unlock too.

I've installed Minimal ADB and Fastboot and when I punch in the command ''adb devices'' it lists my device. When I type in ''adb reboot bootloader'' it reboots the phone but goes straight back to the desktop and asks me to swipe the screen to use my phone normally. When I type ''ADB reboot recovery'' is takes me to an EMUI screen with three options that offer to reboot system, wipe data/factory reset and finally wipe cache partition.

I've tried a ton of combinations turning the device on while messing with the volume + and - button and power button and googled tons of combinations used on other Huawei phones but nothing is showing any option for getting the phone into fastboot mode (or I guess it is now being called download mode in case anyone is confused?)

My only goal is to boot into Fastboot mode and from there find out if the bootloader is unlocked or not. I'm almost positive it is but I just want to make absolutely sure. I tried punching a few key combinations into the phone dial pad but nothing comes back and tells me like it's supposed to (I'm talking about putting this into the dialpad "*#*#7378423#*#*")

The phone hasn't been on the market very long and I'm also wondering if I should give up on it and just return it and find another device?
    12-30-2016 10:36 PM
    Brands like Huawei make their devices for their customers. (which are carriers like straight talk) Samsung makes their devices for the end of the line user like you or I. Straight talk doesn't like people unlocking bootloaders and rooting so brands like Huawei disable those features at straight talk's request. Brands like Samsung, Sony, HTC, and Motorola don't care what straight talk wants...they get what they get.
    omgitsMATT likes this.
    12-30-2016 10:43 PM
    I meant to say I was almost positive it was locked. Not vice versa like I typed up there.

I didn't realize what a lick-spittle Huawei was when I bought the phone, it's my first one from them. Thanks for the information jeffhaskins. I'll keep that all in mind next time I'm buying a phone.
    12-30-2016 10:55 PM
    I meant to say I was almost positive it was locked. Not vice versa like I typed up there.

I didn't realize what a lick-spittle Huawei was when I bought the phone, it's my first one from them. Thanks for the information jeffhaskins. I'll keep that all in mind next time I'm buying a phone.
    It's really not Huawei's fault, it falls more on straight talk. It's just that huawei, kyocera, and lg cater to the carrier, where other brands cater to the user. Huawei does use fastboot, it's just probably not accessable. They do allow for unlocking bootloaders on some devices...same with LG. They're coming around.
    omgitsMATT likes this.
    12-31-2016 12:38 AM
    Fair enough. It's really on me for not asking sooner. I mean, you answered in moments after posting and explained it really well. I should of looked stuff up first instead of impulse buying. I traded it in and got an S5

edit,

Tried the mark the thread as solved but apparently we dont' have that function. Thanks for taking the time to give me a better perspective. Happy New Years
    12-31-2016 01:48 AM