How to play Music on Android

A

AC Question

I am considering switching to an android phone from apple, and I do not know how android's music works. Does Android have a main app for playing music?
One thing that I really want to understand before buying an android is when I used Itunes it let me organize music in playlists and put playlists in folders for organization; can I still do this with an android device?

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
There are many music player apps in Android. I use jetAudio as I use FLAC files for my music. You can use the apps to select the album or folder to play. Yes, you can create your own play list

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
You can. There is an app you can install on your computer that can monitor your iTunes library and upload that music to the Google Play Music service. You can store over 30,000 songs for free, then you can stream them to your phone using the Google Play Music app (usually pre-installed). You can also pin or download selected songs for offline playing. The app on your computer can also monitor for playlists in iTunes and upload based on those instead.