Good day everyone, I recently bought a SM-P580 (with android 6.0) and an 64GB Samsung EVO SD card for it. I tried to move some 3rd party apps to external SD via application manager, which moves apps through the system dialog of marshmallow. It said it takes few minutes to move; and while moving, app can not be used. When I press move, it rushes to 10%, then instantly 90% or so in 8-9 seconds (even for an application with 1GB data), and instantly returns to settings of the app which I try to move. It says now it uses the external storage, but when I check from ES file manager, no file was moved to SD and there's no change in storage space whatsoever. I restarted my tablet hoping to fix the problem, but after restart; my tablet crashed like 6 times in a row, then I removed the SD and replugged (which ceased the crashing loop), then moved the apps to internal to be sure. Did I do something wrong or is it actually not possible to move files to SD card? By the way my SD card seems original, but I can test it if you think it may be the problem.
    01-04-2017 12:30 PM
    I had a similar problem with an SD card in the past. Remove the SD card and format it using a windows or mac PC. After that is done, try filling up the SD card space with files on your computer. If you get an error or similar problems then the SD card damaged and must be replaced.
    01-04-2017 01:24 PM
    Same problem.. I spent 3-5 hours on this problem.. Using another sd card, format etc.. anybody solve it ?
    01-12-2017 09:55 PM
    Not all apps let themselves be moved to the SD card.
    For the apps that can be moved, not all parts are movable.
    For any app that is moved, any update to the app automatically moves it back to the internal storage.

SD cards are best used for photos, movies, music, and documents.
    Leave the apps on the internal storage.
    01-13-2017 02:17 AM