How do I disable the "Swipe Unlock Icon to Use Call Options" when making phone calls?

A

AC Question

Ever since I updated to Marshmallow, I get this "Swipe Unlock Icon to Use Call Options" when making any calls and it prevents you from using the dial pad on the phone until you swipe it which would be fine if you only had to swipe it once. But it only lasts about a second or two and then it pops up again. It keeps doing this every couple seconds. It is so annoying especially when needing to enter an extension or when calling the pharmacy and needing to enter the prescription number on the key pad. It is absolute insanity and serves no good purpose, please get rid of this or provide an option to disable. There is nothing in settings per LG Customer Service to disable this. I have an LG G4. Model VS986

vadnaw

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
Have you receive an answer for this? My lgv10 does the same thing and it's driving me crazy. I've called LG, I've gone to Verizon, I've searched the internet and there is no answer. This only happened after I had to reinstall everything on my phone

bbesser1

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
swipe unlock.jpgI have the same issue on an LG V10. This will be my 3rd LG V10 to have this issue. The previous phones ran into a "Boot Loop" issue where the phones randomly brick. These LG products are highly disappointing even though I love their features. It's kind of like the cute girlfriend you can never seem to get over.

Anyway, I called LG and they said it was a software enhancement and cannot remove it. I told them how annoying it is to have this feature and they said they would take it under advisement to make improvements to their products in the future. (Total blow off). Some say you get used to it. I say it's time to move on to Samsung phones.

Curtis 1208

Sep 21, 2021
Visit site
How to remove the"Swipe the 🔐 lock icon to make calls" from my LG ANDROID PHONE

I am not able to make calls on my LG ANDROID PHONE, because it says "Swipe To Remove the lock 🔐 to make phone calls", I swipe the lock 🔐 icon, but it does not remove the lock 🔐 how do I end this problem that began yesterday??

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: How to remove the"Swipe the 🔐 lock icon to make calls" from my LG ANDROID PHONE

I am not able to make calls on my LG ANDROID PHONE, because it says "Swipe To Remove the lock to make phone calls", I swipe the lock icon, but it does not remove the lock how do I end this problem that began yesterday??
Welcome to the forums. Could you describe how this problem presents itself? I.e. What are the exact steps you take to make it happen. I've owned an LG G4, V20, and now the V60, and have never seen anything like it on my phones.

I use a fingerprint/pin protected lock screen. When I want to use the dialer app (it's Google's own dialer, though I typically voice dial via Bluetooth), I fully unlock my phone before doing so. If not unlocked and I try to access it from the lock screen button, it does force me to either use my fingerprint or pin, but it's the regular lock screen prompt and not a prompt in the dialer like what is shown in the earlier example photo.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you able to unlock the lockscreen to use the phone in the first place? Are you saying that the screen doesn't even respond when you try to Swipe to Remove the Lock?

mrsuper59

May 29, 2022
Visit site
I bought my LG K51 last May 2021 (not knowing they stopped making the phones a month before) then in February 2022 it started the "swipe unlock icon to use call options" i tried to get Metro PCS to replace the phone with something else because i can not disable that feature I WOULD NOT HAVE BOUGHT THE PHONE if it had done it at the time of purchase and they DID NOT tell me they stopped making LG phones the month before. Does anyone know how to go to the root menu or anything else to stop or disable this sabotaged phone ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220529-115712.jpg
    Screenshot_20220529-115712.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 3

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That kind of feature typically shows up if the phone either doesn't have a proximity sensor, or if the user has turned off the proximity sensor. It's there to prevent your face or ear from accidentally pressing an onscreen button while you're on a call. (Normally, the proximity sensor would automatically turn off the screen while the phone is up against your ear, but if there is no sensor, or if the sensor has been disabled, the screen would remain on while it's up against your ear.)

As far as I can tell, the K51 does have a proximity sensor. When you're on call, does the screen stay on while the phone is up against your ear? If so, go to the Phone app's settings and see if there's an option to keep the screen on during a call.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Was it a professional technician, or just a friend doing a favor? If it was a professional you paid, bring it back to them and ask them to fix it.