Galaxy tab 3 USB port replacement

kateyes66

Dec 9, 2016
Visit site
Mornin y'all , so i gots a question .. My USB port suddenly stopped charging. Ive switched out cables and plugs etc, then came to find out that half of the lil prong things inside the port were either damaged or missing. Obviously i have to change it so my question is

Would i be able to use another Samsung Galaxy charger usb to replace the broken one? I actually have Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, S5 and Galaxy mega that i can pull from but wanted to make sure it would be compatible before takin it apart

Thanks in advance
Es

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If it's the part at the end of the cable, you can buy plugs. If it's the part in the tab, I wouldn't suggest opening it up yourself and replacing the port. Take it to a repair shop before you turn a cheap repair into a complete replacement of the tab.

kateyes66

Dec 9, 2016
Visit site
If it's the part at the end of the cable, you can buy plugs. If it's the part in the tab, I wouldn't suggest opening it up yourself and replacing the port. Take it to a repair shop before you turn a cheap repair into a complete replacement of the tab.

Understood and thank you but I do this in my spare time. Not quite an expert but wouldn't say a complete novice (I completely took apart and fixed a water damaged broken LCD iPhone 5 that Is my current everyday device ;). Just wanted to see if any of the other Galaxy ports were compatible so there would not be a need to experiment. But I do appreciate your suggestion. Thank you for taking the time to respond. (Oh it's the port in the tab ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca