Battery Running Down Quickly

A

AC Question

My LG G3 has suddenly started to run down the battery very quickly. This began about a week ago, though I don't know of any changes that happened then to cause it.

I am running Android 5.0 with security patch level 2015-11-01.

On checking the battery useage, it shows
Android System 56%
Screen 8%
Cell standby 7%
Google Services 7%
Phone idle 6%
AndroidOS 4%
Calculator Plus 3%
Marine Traffic 2%
Wi-Fi 2%

That is with virtually no use of the phone today; no phone calls, connected to wi-fi all day, brief use of the calculator and Marine Traffic app.

The phone feels warm, much warmer than it normally would be, about the same as when the GPS is running.

Presumably it's something to do with the Android System as that has gobbled more than half the battery (and it has been the same on other days recenty when I have checked it) but what does it mean and what can I do about it?

jevalladares

Samsung Galaxy S6 Champion
Q&A Team
Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi and Happy new year.

One quick solution is to shutdown the phone and turn it on again, don't restart use the shutdown option and wait at least 10 seconds before starting up.

You must have an app using some of the android services, usually this use is data or location related. check your settings in data use for celular and Wifi see if you notice any app using data in the last day or two as well as in Wifi.

When you have identified the app review it's settings to avoid background updates when using battery and only charging. One good example is Google photos app, I had it setup tu backup photos using the mobile network at any time, but on vacations were we take many, many photos and videos it just ran through my data plan and battery. Now it's setup to backup using WiFi while charging.

Let me know if this helps.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Cheers.

Erasmo

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon