How to force google to restore backup?

A

AC Question

So 1 day ago I had to factory reset my phone. I know 100% that I backed up everything with google account. But after I linked my phone with google nothing happened. I know it should have started automatically. But nothing downloaded. I don't care much about apps, but more for my contacts and wifi passwords. So my question is, is there any way to force google to restore your backups? Or via connect with PC and import? I really need mostly my wifi passwords cause some of them I forgot and were put on my phone confidentially so can't ask for them again. How to force the process?

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Make sure that the contact sync setting is enabled on the mobile device:

1.Select the “Settings” of the device.
2.Scroll to “Accounts”
3.Select “Google”
4.Under the Accounts should be your Gmail address. Select it and verify that “Sync Contacts” is checked
Be aware, your wifi passwords would not have been backed up

mops121

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
I already did that. Followed every internet tutorial out there. They are checked, yet even so google isn't automatically restoring. I need a way to make it force restore. Like making it restore from the site or something instead of from phone. Cause from phone it's not happening

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Go to Google Contacts on a desktop or laptop. (Log in with the same Google account that's on your phone.) See if the contacts are there. If they are, sync contacts on your phone.

If not, click More, then Restore contacts ... and you should be able to restore anything deleted within the past month. Then sync contacts on your phone.

(If you did a factory reset, you deleted the Google account on the phone, so I'm assuming that the Google account on the phone now is the same one that was there when you backed the contacts up. They go by Google account, so if you have a different account in the phone, it's "restoring" something you never backed up.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21