Samsung S5 battery yellow triangle, won't charge

A

AC Question

Hey everyone, I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 G900A, it was charging no problem until I tried to charge it in the car, when I did it simply wouldn't charge, I tried several USB cables to no avail. I then tried to charge it from a house socket and it wouldn't charge from that either anymore. Once the battery ran out I plugged it in again and it showed a battery charging icon for about 10 seconds before changing to a battery icon with a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in it. I have two battery's for the phone so I tried swapping battery's but that made no difference, I also tried cleaning the charging port, didn't work, I thought about the charging port but I then gently pushed the phone's battery connectors together a tiny bit and it started charging, which made me think it wouldn't be the the charging port. It got to about 15% but then stopped again, I tried moving the battery connectors around again but didn't work this time. If anybody could help I would greatly appreciate it, thanks, John.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Hmmmm, maybe reaching retirement age there..
In any case, clean the metal contacts on battery and device, pack a little tissue or something behind the battery to push it onto the terminal sometimes helps... It does seem strange that both batteries are failing but it does happen...
Of course, you have tried the wires in another device to rule out cable issues...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol