How to get the Android Auto to work with my Sony XAV AX100.

Dana DeLima

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site
When connecting my S5 to the USB cord on my Sony XAV AX100, I keep getting the following errors:
On the head unit - AA can't connect right now. When it's safe to do so, check your Android phone.
On the phone: AA will resume when your car's parked. Already parked? Engage your parking brake.

The parking brake has been on when receiving these errors.

El1978

Aug 9, 2017
Visit site
I too had the very same issue and it was frustrating. I bought the Sony Xav-100 from Best Buy but had it installed at a local audio shop. To make a long story short I was told by the store manager that I have a defective unit and that AA was iffy on certain android phones. I have a LG G6 and new my phone was not the issue the issue was the tech at the shop did not install it correctly. There is a long light green wire that says "Parking Brake" which is supposed to be hooked up to your emergency brake wire. In my case the tech took that wire and soldered it to another green wire which was not connected to anything. I ended up grounding the parking brake wire to the side of the radio and it has worked fine and I was able to connect without any issues. My advice is that you may have to take it back where you got your Sony head unit installed and see what they did with the long green parking brake wire. Hopefully this helps you and others!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12