Reverse caller ID/phone spoofing

qt3dot14

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I need some assistance finding an app to help me out.

I work for a limo company. I have to call the client 30 minutes prior to pickup to verify the pickup with the client.

The problem is that when I dial from my mobile phone the client sees my personal number as the caller ID instead of a company name.

Is there an app that would allow my phone ID to show up in the client's caller ID as MY LIMO COMPANY [redacted by mod] instead of just the phone number?

I need to make my personal phone look like a company phone, complete with a name identification so that the client answers the phone instead of ignoring the call.

I've seen spoofing apps that hide/change my number but I haven't found one that will show a custom alpha display.

Any suggestions?

Thanking you in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
The caller ID system allows for transmission of the phone number. Having a name show up usually relies on having that number registered in a searchable database that the caller ID system has access to.

In the case of Android phones running the Google dialer, Google can actually search the web for that phone number and display results on the incoming call screen.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
As a former Pizza delivery driver, I had this exact same issue. There was talk, prior to my leaving, of a system that would allow me to call the store, hit a certain extension, then enter the customers number. The system would then call out using the stores main line number (and respective caller id).

The other alternative, would be to call your main office, and have them contact the customer to let them know "Your driver is 1/2hr out. Please be ready".

I can't tell you how many times people don't answer the door (knowing full well they ordered food less than an hour ago!), OR their phone simply because they don't recognize the number.

I'm sure you can imagine that apps that do what you're looking to do would generally be frowned upon because of the very high probability they would be used improperly, even though there are very legit use cases such as yours and mine.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
If you're in the US, you could also get a Google Voice number. You can call out from that number, they can also call you but you can configure when the number rings your cell phone, or for what incoming callers it will ring your phone.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you're in the US, you could also get a Google Voice number. You can call out from that number, they can also call you but you can configure when the number rings your cell phone, or for what incoming callers it will ring your phone.

While this is true, and a great solution for many different issues, this won't solve the OP's issue. Where he wants the name/number to show up on the customers caller ID as the name/number of the business he works for.