Verizon Moto Razr HD XT926 - flash firmware without data loss?

drewp29

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Hello everyone! My girlfriend's phone, the Motorola Razr HD XT926 is currently having issues booting. The phone hangs on the android red eye screen and never boots to the OS. The main problem is holding the power button plus volume up or volume down or volume up and down does absolutely nothing, so I cannot get into recovery mode to clear cache or attempt to fix the boot loop otherwise.

When plugged into a PC the small partition with the Motorola Device Manager executable shows up, but when it is run it claims there is no internet connection. So I downloaded the device manager from Motorola, and when installing drivers the MTP driver fails. All other drivers install correctly, but the phone does not show up, other than the partition with MDM on it. Since the phone cannot get into the OS, I assume this is why it never shows up on the computer.

So I have researched a lot on the subject, and without being able to get into Recovery Mode, most of my options are impossible.

I have read about various programs that will flash the firmware to get rid of the boot loop, but there are photos on the phone that I would like to be able to recover, so I am hoping there is an option to flash firmware without wiping data. I had backed up some of the phone's photos, but there are quite a few she has taken since my last backup, and she has not been backing up data to the cloud so that option is out.

Any of you super users know a way I can get the phone to at least show up on the computer so I can download the pictures? That is all we care about at this point as Verizon gave her a new phone (Moto Droid Turbo) for free, so saving the phone is not a requirement.

We have a limited amount of time before we have to send this phone back to Verizon for the exchange, and I am hoping I can get the photos off in the next couple days.

Thanks for any help, it is greatly appreciated!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt