My parents and sister have had an iPhone as a smartphone their whole entire lives. It's just that I've moved to an Android device and was wondering if there are any phones I could suggest to them. They like 'simple' phones, so me being a Samsung user doesn't really help. The only person who would go for an 'advanced' Android phone or Samsung phone is my [step] father.
    01-09-2017 10:50 AM
    Hi and welcome to Android Central.

Are there any particular reasons why your family needs to get new phones?

I always recommend that people choose phones and platforms that best suit their personal needs. If they are happy with iOS, then there really is no need for them to switch.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-09-2017 11:04 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Samsung phones and some others have an "Easy Mode" that could make things a little less confusing. Also, certain manufacturers customize their launchers to look more like iOS's (like Huawei's EMUI).
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-09-2017 12:01 PM
    I need both. What can't they do or lacking? Or is it that you can no longer use iMessage?

They should be using iOS 10 and have minimum 5S or SE. Ideally 6S or above. And a midsize 7 is strong possibility this year.

The Huawei Mate 9 running 7.x looks nice and $599 for 5.9" only slighter larger than iPhone plus models.

Trying to convince someone esp family, I would not.
    01-09-2017 12:13 PM
    if they're happy with it why change?

But if they want a pure Android phone, Pixel and One Plus 3 are the ways to go.
    01-09-2017 12:38 PM
    I need both. What can't they do or lacking? Or is it that you can no longer use iMessage?

They should be using iOS 10 and have minimum 5S or SE. Ideally 6S or above. And a midsize 7 is strong possibility this year.

The Huawei Mate 9 running 7.x looks nice and $599 for 5.9" only slighter larger than iPhone plus models.

Trying to convince someone esp family, I would not.
    Mate 9 works GREAT, and yes has some iPhone like features for example the swipe down to search for app, etc. ALSO the Mate 9 can be set to its own easy mode which has a Win10 Mobile like tile interface. I highly recommend it as an easy highly functional phone. There is MUCH customization that can be done if any of them ever DO want to take the time.
    Gayle Lynn and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-09-2017 12:46 PM
    Also, Mate 9 will integrate with Amazon Alexa so that could be a big win for ease of use.

I do find Android, so far, to be different on every make of phone! Whether Samsung or BlackBerry DTEK or another, and some features that iOS has are just not there.
    Laura Knotek and pkcable like this.
    01-09-2017 04:58 PM