128GB micro SD issues with Samsung Galaxy J5

A

AC Question

I recently purchased a 128GB SanDisk microSD card as my 64GB card was almost full. I copied all of the files from the 64GB card onto a computer, then onto the 128GB card, and put the card into the phone. Everything showed up fine, and was accessible/playable.

A couple of hours later I tried to play some music from an album on the card, and I got a message "Couldn't find the track you requested". All the albums/ pictures on the SD card did not show up in Play Music/Gallery (they had previously). Looking in 'My Files' shows a blank SD card, but when I put the card into the laptop, everything is still there. I put the card back into the phone, and the outcome was the same; everything is there, then I come back to it later and it's gone. Any files I move to the SD card from the phone while the card is working are lost too.

I have tried formatting the card on the phone, then transferring everything over afterwards, but this yields the same result. I had a similar issue with the 64GB card, though I can't remember the specifics. I think someone suggested that I use a formatting program, but I can't remember which one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks!

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
Thanks! I installed and ran SD Insight, and the card is genuine. However, the phone now refuses to recognise it completely. Beforehand, even when the files were not found on the card, the card itself showed up under 'Local Storage' in My Files, but now it isn't listed there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21