Cloud storage help

Quack Me Up

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
I have never used any Cloud services before so what I'm wondering is, are there any apps/services that would allow me to pick and choose what I want to back up and save to the Cloud? Say I only want to backup my photos and documents but I'm not concerned with emails or text messages etc. can I backup only those categories that I choose?
Thank you.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
From the phone point of view, these cloud services tend to be a bit primitive when compared with the options available on your desktop computer.

"file sharing" sites like Dropbox.com, oneDrive.com, and GoogleDrive tend to work by requiring you to place the files you want "shared" in the cloud in a directory tree dedicated to that service. When these files get copied to the cloud, you get to choose who gets to see them besides you; the default is no one.

"Backup services" tend to be a bit more of the type "send everything" and share nothing. This is all about emergency recovery of files.
The different companies have different philosophies about how and what and when.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc