Deleted Albums appear when Phone connected to PC

A

AC Question

Transfeered pictures from Android Phone.....Marshmallow; to PC. Totally transferred all Pictures out of particular Albums. Albums no longer displayed on Android Phone Gallaxy, but when Phone is connected to PC those Albums are displayed. Why?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How did you transfer the photos? Did you use an actual file manager to move the photo files, or did you do it from within the Gallery app?

Telerisk

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
I did use the Galaxy App...and it appears when you remove all Pictures w/i an Album....the Album disappears when opening the App....yet when I connected my phone to my PC...those Albums displayed. I Used ESFile App (like Explorer)....and deleted the empty Albums folders. Thanks for all the responses

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The Gallery app on Samsung devices isn't a file manager. I've never used it, but I believe that the creation and editing of albums using the Gallery app doesn't actually create a new directory on the phone's internal storage. Instead, it probably just reorganizes things within its own database.

If you want to delete the photos, use the My Files app, and navigate to the /DCIM/Camera directory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12