your device does not allow window overlay note 5 on start up message

A

AC Question

I just updated my firmware, phone rebooted then the screen went black and was unresponsive, like the battery was dead. kept trying and got the phone to restart.
Now the phone takes a while to boot and then it comes to the lock screen, I have a pattern unlock. I can NOT swipe the screen to get to the pattern unlock screen. I can feel the haptic feedback when I touch the screen.
I can not open the camera or phone icons, but, I CAN open the camera by double tapping the home button. I can zoom and touch the screen everywhere and change focus etc. So the screen is responding in the camera app.

I noticed when I just restarted it by holding volume down and power button ( only way I can restart it) when the phone rebooted it had a little message on the bottom in a grey box saying that my device does not allow window overlay. I remember a few months back, I had an issue which I needed to resolve by giving certain apps permission to run overlay.

I can't get into the boot menus either, tried everything that has been shown in youtube videos regarding the NOTE 5.

I have tried to run KIES, but I can't connect to the PC, the phone isn't being picked up by the PC. I need help because I need my phone to be functional.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers