I have an LG G4 Stylo LGMS631, Android v. 6.0 (MS63120k). It is NOT rooted.

Not long ago, I installed ShutApp. It didn't take long to realize my battery was draining really fast. I checked App battery usage to find, second only to AOS, ShutApp was the culprit.

I tried to directly uninstall the app using the home screen. Only the "Remove" window appeared. I went to app settings and found the "Force Stop" and "Uninstall" buttons not highlighted. I went to Play Store and found there is no "Uninstall" button. Instead there is a "Deactivate" button.

I clicked on this to receive a message saying it is a device administrator app and I must deactivate this feature in order to uninstall. When I attempt to unselected ShutApp, I get the message, "Unfortunately, com.android.settings has stopped."

There are four device administrators: Lookout, Greenify Administrator, Android Device Administrator and ShutApp. Unsellecting Lookout is the only action that doesn't bring this message. How do I uninstall this self-installed app?
    01-16-2017 07:31 AM
    That's a strange one for sure. Try asking the ShutApp help people your question and see if they can't help you. If not, then you're going to have to root the device to get rid of the app.
    However, you can skirt all this by installing an app such as "BK Disabler" and completely disable the app instead. Granted you won't recover the space which the stupid app takes up, but it will never pop back up again, not until you re-enable it that is. I use this app and it works beautifully, I've never been comfortable with rooting so this app is a must have! I was not paid nor do I work for BK Disabler.
    Take care, Ed
    03-07-2017 10:50 AM