Hello everyone,

I bought a brand-new Samsung S7 phone two weeks ago. I loved it. Today I was looking trough some photos and suddenly the screen turned green with white lines and red dots. Out of nowhere. The phone still functions, I can see the LED-display light saying I got a message.

I am going to send my phone back to the store, but how do I backup my settings, apps and text logs from the phone? I had an SD-card with photo's on it stored inside, I can't dismount it via the phone.

Smart Switch is not installed, and I can't access the phone in any way. I can unlock it with my fingerprint though, but the screen is black. What is the best way to transfer my stuff? I never backed up the phone before, I didn't expect it to die so soon.
    01-16-2017 02:59 PM
    how do I fix my alcatel 4060a unstuck on logo after rooting it
    01-16-2017 03:20 PM
    Be sure phone is off. With the display facing you, on top of the device on your LEFT there is a hole. Gently poke a paper clip or sim remover tool in there to open the sim/sd tray.... Be sure it's the left NOT the right side, which is a microphone!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-17-2017 08:26 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, you won't be able to back up your settings, app data, and SMS messages if you can't operate the phone. If you had the Google Backup setting turned on in the system settings, then at least your settings should be backed up to your Google account. And some of your apps will most likely will have synced with the cloud -- but the apps that save data locally will be harder to backup. You could try using this method to copy as much as you can to your computer hard drive: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...ed-screen.html

Tim1954's advice for the SD card should be fine, as long as the phone is powered off. You don't have to worry about unmounting a card if the power is off.
    01-17-2017 01:31 PM
    how do I fix my alcatel 4060a unstuck on logo after rooting it
    Welcome to Android Central! Your question is not related to the OP of this thread, so please create a new thread for your question. Thanks!
    01-17-2017 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD