Samsung Galaxy Tab E Lite

A

AC Question

Hi All, I have a Tablet Model SM-T113 and only had it since Jan 12th. 2017. When I first set it up all worked great. I set up my hotmail account in the "email" app and I was able to access the "inbox" folder to read my emails. 2 days later when I get a email notification I open the app and see all the folders but when I click on "inbox" it does nothing. I cannot access the emails from the "email" app. everything else is working like facebook and the browser and I can download ebooks and read them but cannot get into the "inbox". I deleted the account and added again plus I even tried adding my gmail account and same thing happens to that one.
Greatly appreciate any input in this matter.

Cheers

Scramjet

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for replying B.Diddy. My apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I tried to answer here but had to log in. I tried but forgot my password. Then it kept stating I was unable to retrieve my password. Anyways I finally created a new account here.
Yes I did try to clear cache/data on both hotmail and gmail but still same. I do not know how the built in email app decided to work like that. A work-a-round is to use the gmail app and use the outlook app but then that don;t notify me of new emails. Only the built in email will ping for new email. Then I have to open both to find the new email.
Hoping someone else had this bug and found a fix.

cheers

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Gmail should definitely have the ability to notify you. Open the Gmail app, tap Menu>Settings, then the email account, and make sure Notifications is checked on. You can also modify the notification tone for each account, and even for individual Gmail labels.

Scramjet

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
Thanks again for your reply,
Yes that is true about the notifications. I think I confused you a bit there. What I meant was I hear the sound for new emails but when I click the built in email app where I have both my gmail and hotmail account setup All I can see is the folders like "inbox", "sent" "Draft" etc and no matter how many times I click the "inbox" it will not open to display the emails. This worked for me the first couple of days and then something happened that will not allow me to open the "inbox". If I open the outlook app or the gmail app I can view all my emails in each folder. I would just like to open the built in email app of this tablet and select whichever email account and have it display the inbox contents to read. I can see the Inbox (21) but will not open :(
I cannot see what is preventing the email app from allowing me to open the inbox folder.
Greatly appreciate your assistance in this matter.

Scramjet

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I can press on each of the folders and i just hear the sound when you touch them but nothing opens. I followed your instructions and went into the 'safe mode' and its the same thing. nothing will open and display the emails inside.

Scramjet

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
B. Diddy I thank you for your advice with trying to fix the email app on my tablet. I have tried all your suggestions and a few more tweats but none works. I am just going to give up on it. I can work around it by just going into each app and viewing my emails there.
Greatly appreciate your patience with me but I got to let it go. I am spending way too much time on a bug that may never be fixed...who knows.
I will continue to read this forum and may be lucky enough to read that someone else had this problem and found a fix.

cheers

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Scramjet

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
Thanks B. Diddy I am afraid to do that just yet considering I have 18 ebooks from Google Play and would not want to accidently corrupt them. I will hold off for a while. I will bookmark the links you posted.

cheers

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital