Why does my phone keep restarting and why won't its wifi turn on?

A

AC Question

My phone seems to have gone crazy over the past few days; first it started randomly freezing then restarting itself, except it took ages for it to turn on since it kept getting to the "powered by android" screen then restarting again. It seems better now (it's stayed on for a good few hours without doing it this morning), however now the wifi won't turn on. It's not a case of it not connecting, it just won't turn on at all; tapping the wifi on/off button on the top menu does nothing, and if you try doing it through the settings app the slider turns to on but the "to see available wifi networks, turn on wifi" message stays, then as soon as you leave that screen and come back to it it says wifi is turned off again.
I've tried looking for system updates and deleting the only app I've downloaded recently (a blue light filter) in case that had something dodgy on it, but nothing's managed to fix it. Is there anything I can do or is it a case of sending it away to be fixed? (It's a Sony M4 Aqua on Android version 5 if that helps)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084