is there a dual Sim Android phone that will work with a Samsung Gear S2 Classic

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung Gear S2 smart watch and I am trying to find a Dual Sim Android phone that will connect to it. I have tried a Samsung A3 duos and a Samsung J7 Duos but neither has worked. I can't keep buying phones and sending them back, can anyone please help.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Did you download the Gear app? You need that to work with the Gear S2.

All I can say for certain is that the S series and Notes work with the Gear S2. My S7 Edge is dual SIM and it would work with the Gear S2.

deggsy999

Jan 19, 2017
Visit site
Hi, thanks for your answer, I am already using the watch with a S5 so I understand that the gear manager software is required. I was hoping that I wouldn't need to go to the expense of a S7. I am wondering if it's something to do with the dual sim part of the software because the watch should work with both the A5 and the J7.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
What's the country of origin of your S7? My A3 was UAE (ebay) and I was told by Samsung that's why it didn't work.
Philippines. All S7 and S7E here are dual SIM, and they sell the Gear S2 here for it as well. One of my friends is actually using the original Gear S with his dual sim S7 Edge and its working fine.