Video small when texted from iphone 6

A

AC Question

My husband has an iPhone 6. I just switched to the pixel xl and now if he tries to text me videos of anything I get them really small and can't make them bigger/full screen. I'm using Google messenger. Any way to fix this? Thanks!
Incidentally I wanted to add a screenshot of the problem to this but couldn't copy and paste/insert? Is this not able to be done on Android?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
The video is being received as MMS because iMessage isn't available on Android, and likely will never be. iMessage works like Facebook Messenger where the video ia uploaded to a server so that it is still higher quality when sent. Since Apple is blocking access for Androids to iMessage servers, you get a compressed poor quality video. You should both sign up for an Allo or Hangouts account and use that to send videos, or if you have Facebook, use that.

jalvarez3312

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
The video is being received as MMS because iMessage isn't available on Android, and likely will never be. iMessage works like Facebook Messenger where the video ia uploaded to a server so that it is still higher quality when sent. Since Apple is blocking access for Androids to iMessage servers, you get a compressed poor quality video. You should both sign up for an Allo or Hangouts account and use that to send videos, or if you have Facebook, use that.

Thanks! Do you know how to copy and paste pictures like for instance, in this reply? For the life of me I cant figure it out.

jalvarez3312

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
I just meant to copy and paste a picture into the body of anything, like say an email. On my iPhone I used to press down and a box would pop up that said "copy, paste, insert picture" etc. I can see they have a button to attach pictures but I'm more wondering about inserting pictures I suppose.