Hi all

ISO tried;
    android-x86_64-6.0-r1.iso
    android-x86_64-6.0-r2.iso
    installed on USB Pendrive

Installation went through without problem.

Code:
    Do you want to install boot loader GRUB
    yes/skip
    Tried both

Code:
    Do you wan to install /system directory as read-write
    yes/no
    Tried both

Code:
    Android-x86 is installed successfully
    Reboot
    Unable to boot (USB Pendrive removed)

The strange thing is "boot loader can be installed while installing both ISO mentioned above on VM of VirtualBox." Both Android versions can be booted after installation.

On google searches I found some threads relating to unable to install boot loader.

Regards
    satimis
    01-21-2017 03:21 AM
    Hi Satmis, did you ever resolve this? I've tried several 32 bit versions (android-x86-6.0_20160129.iso, android-x86-4.4-r5.iso and others) and tried installing them from CD onto a physical hard drive partition and also running the .iso directly in VirtualBox under Windows 10. In most cases the install looks as if it's working and reports it's been successful, but when I try to boot into Android, it just returns to the original install boot menu.
    In the case of an install to a physical hard drive partition I was surprised to see it installed the kernel into a folder so the Grub menu it set up couldn’t find it, then when I corrected that by reinstalling MINT to get back control of the Grub menu, the kernel panicked as it couldn’t find its libraries - presumably because they're in the squashed system.sfs it installed.
    Under MINT, I tried
    sudo apt-get install squashfs-tools
    but the install couldn't be found. I tried to update the repository from the GUI but this also fails. I haven't yet tried
    sudo apt-get update
    as I don’t have access to that laptop this week, but I'm not hopeful.
    Am I doing something really dumb?
    05-02-2017 11:54 AM
    In my experiences, when I run into problems with VirtualBox, I simply start fresh again to see if I made a mistake in the installation somewhere. I think if there is confusion, it wouldn't be a bad idea to scrap your current installation of android and start new. I'm assuming you both are following a guide somewhere. Could you reference that, if possible? If you need to see how to install Android onto a PC, I could also write up quickly how to install Android in VirtualBox and the things I did for a successful setup. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    05-02-2017 01:41 PM
    Hi Satmis, did you ever resolve this? I've tried several 32 bit versions (android-x86-6.0_20160129.iso, android-x86-4.4-r5.iso and others) and tried installing them from CD onto a physical hard drive partition and also running the .iso directly in VirtualBox under Windows 10. In most cases the install looks as if it's working and reports it's been successful, but when I try to boot into Android, it just returns to the original install boot menu.
    In the case of an install to a physical hard drive partition I was surprised to see it installed the kernel into a folder so the Grub menu it set up couldn’t find it, then when I corrected that by reinstalling MINT to get back control of the Grub menu, the kernel panicked as it couldn’t find its libraries - presumably because they're in the squashed system.sfs it installed.
    Under MINT, I tried
    sudo apt-get install squashfs-tools
    but the install couldn't be found. I tried to update the repository from the GUI but this also fails. I haven't yet tried
    sudo apt-get update
    as I don’t have access to that laptop this week, but I'm not hopeful.
    Am I doing something really dumb?
    You could try the update command once you get a hold of that computer: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install squashfs-tools

If apt-get update doesn't work, you could try installing the repository manually using PPA for squashfs and then executing sudo apt-get update after you've done that.
    05-02-2017 02:00 PM