I have an Android HTC Desire. Somehow Google Voice Typing took over my phone. Anything that requires a keyboard now has a microphone at the bottom and I have to speak to get anything accomplished. Not only is this a pain, such as when I want to text privately but have to speak everything, but it doesn't work for passwords so I can't sign on to anything that requires a typed password.
    I know you should be able to disable it by checking the appropriate boxes. I've done all that. If you looked at my Google settings on my phone it says everything is turned off. For whatever reason Google Voice Typing is ignoring the fact that I checked the box to turn it off and it is still opperating.
    I've even restarted my phone. I don't know what to do anymore.
    01-25-2017 08:08 AM
    Having the exact same problem. The x box to close does't work. Going to settings doesn't help. Really pissing me off. Droid phone.
    03-03-2017 01:09 PM
    Have you tried disabling the Google app? I've read that the only way to disable Google voice typing so far is to disable the Google app.

Also, is your system keyboard enabled? Go to your device's system settings, then look for the apps section. Go to "Disabled apps" and look for the system keyboard there. Tap "Enable" and it should come back in the list of keyboard options.
    03-04-2017 03:23 AM
    I recently (9-2-17) had the same problem and corrected it by Managing the Chrome application and pausing Voice Activity. After that I was able to text without getting that damn Voice prompt.
    belodion likes this.
    09-02-2017 02:54 PM
    My phone all of a sudden had moved to voice speech and I can't have my privacy when chatting in public I need help bcuz my talk back disable is not working
    12-02-2017 02:41 AM
    I was having the same problem on my android phone and eventually reset all my inbuilt apps as my brother in law had turned a few off to try free me up some space. That worked as he had unknowingly disabled my 'Gboard' app so there was no key board available anymore. After having reset it it is now all back to normal. Hope this helps someone if they perhaps accidentally did the same thing. :-)
    01-15-2018 04:55 AM
    I also have the same issue, does anybody know the solution please
    01-21-2018 02:23 PM
    I had the same problem, my first android/smart phone so was panicking. all it was I had disabled the keyboard in the apps section.
    02-25-2018 06:49 AM
    This may have been caused by accidentley disabling google keyboard in ordert to make room for more storage.

1)Go to Settings:
    2)Apps:
    3)Google Keyboard:
    4)Click Enable:

5)Go back into Seetings
    6) Lanaguage & input
    7) Keyboard & input mehtods
    8) Choose keyboards

Hope this helps.
    03-21-2018 07:20 PM
    This may have been caused by accidentley disabling google keyboard in ordert to make room for more storage.

1)Go to Settings:
    2)Apps:
    3)Google Keyboard:
    4)Click Enable:

5)Go back into Seetings
    6) Lanaguage & input
    7) Keyboard & input mehtods
    8) Choose keyboards

Hope this helps.
    Thank you so very much - I too had the keyboard disappear and was stuck with Voice Typing but you have saved me from going insane!!!
    05-19-2018 10:49 AM
    Disable Google app in settings - apps then re-enable sorted the problem out for me
    06-07-2018 05:06 PM
    Having same issue
    07-25-2018 08:52 PM
    its an easy solution. Go to settings and go to apps and notifications
    deactivate Google Go and Google Assistant go
    and you will get the keyboard and the voice will be gone
    08-08-2018 12:32 PM
    just happen to me too... I accidently Disable my G-Board App.
    1) settings
    2) Apps
    3) Gboard
    4) Enable Gboard

This should work !
    07-21-2019 08:03 PM
    Nokia 1 with GoogleGo.
    Google Assistant was already disabled.
    Gboard was disabled by mistake. Enabled - doesn't help.
    Disabled GoogleGo - Yay! This helped!

I have Chrome for any searches, don't know why I need GoogleGo at all.

Thanks God for this forum. Watching/reading Youtube and other sources claiming to kill Voice Typing on "Any Android" was a waste of time.
    07-27-2019 11:10 PM
    Thanks God for this forum.
    07-28-2019 08:04 AM
    Just go to language and input in settings. You can choose they keyboard you want to use and disable Google voice as well. Hope this helps
    10-12-2019 01:13 AM
    I had disabled and App "Gboard" without knowing what it is.
    Enabled it in app settings and now able to use qwerty keyboard.

Hope this helps.
    11-20-2019 12:29 AM
    I was having the same problem on my android phone and eventually reset all my inbuilt apps as my brother in law had turned a few off to try free me up some space. That worked as he had unknowingly disabled my 'Gboard' app so there was no key board available anymore. After having reset it it is now all back to normal. Hope this helps someone if they perhaps accidentally did the same thing. :-)
    THANK YOU! The Gboard app did it! Somehow I must have disabled it. I hope everyone will take your suggestion and use it! It works!
    07-18-2021 06:21 PM