Hi Jerry,

I enjoy listening to your solid advice and general contributions on the podcasts regularly.

My wife has a Moto G3 and is generally happy with most aspects of the phone. However as Android Pay is becoming more ubiquitous I would like to get her a phone with NFC. I would also like the phone to feature a USB 'C' type connection rather than the older micro USB. She gives devices with Micro USB sockets a hard time when trying to connect them to chargers; with most getting beaten in to submission over time.

I would would have considered the Moto G5 when it becomes available but from what I can see that won't be supporting NFC. Neither it appears do many of the other Chinese phones in the that lower mid-range price bracket. I know the OnePlus 3T does, but I didn't want to go quite as far as that price point. I know you're not a fan of the the company anyway, but I think you are impressed with the phone. However as I said it's just a bit further than I wanted to go and she is not a phone geek anyway but does like to take occasional pictures with it.

Any advice would be very welcome. Looking forward to hearing you on the podcasts; you're not doing them as frequently as you used to.

Many thanks,
    Dave
    01-27-2017 05:43 AM
    Nexus 5X from project Fi.

It's about $240 bucks + you have to buy one month of Fi service for $20. Just don;t renew the service and since you paid for the phone you're done. It takes any SIM card, has Nougat and will get security updates for at least another year
    02-02-2017 02:59 PM
    Thanks for that help Jerry. I'll ;look in to that option. Dave
    02-11-2017 07:40 AM