When I get calls my phone goes black

A

AC Question

When I get calls my screen goes black and I can't wake it up to answer calls. It goes back to normal when other person hangs up. It also does it if I call

Annharma

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
Do you have LG phone? Do you have screen protector? and did you update your phone recently?

I found this (old) thread, http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-lg-g2/441252-screen-goes-black-phone-calls.html
Though it is old, many people in the internet also suggest that it might be a problem with the proximity sensor and a latest update OR problem with sensor and screen protector. As suggested by many people on that thread, try swiping on the sensor while you call someone or when you receive a call. Hope it works!

Cheers

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Do you have a screen protector? Some have been known to "block" the proximity sensor and cause it to think it's being held near a face. This will cause it to black out the screen and disable touch controls during calls, even when NOT held near a face or other object.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03