I noticed recently that in my Google Feed I no longer get news feeds, just a message saying that there is a "New Version Available. A more recent version the the Google app is available for download." With a link to the Play Store. When I click on it, it takes me to the page for the "Google" app, with options to 'Open' or 'uninstall'. I click open and I'm back where I started.
    I clicked uninstall / reinstall, and I lost all my settings (app locations etc.). I assumed there would be a restore option (I was wrong). But even more annoyingly, I still get the message. I prefer Google Home over HTC Sense (personal preference), but I'm tempted to go back just to get rid of this annoying message. Is there anything else I can do to get rid of it and restore normal service to my feeds? (I have a HTC 10 with Android 7 - the problem started before updating Android, and persists afterwards, so I don't think it is due to that).
    01-28-2017 10:04 AM
    Try clearing the cache partition and see if that helps: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-25804

That may help you since you just updated to 7.0.
    01-28-2017 10:24 AM
    cheers, but it didn't help unfortunately.
    01-28-2017 03:39 PM