Why won't my wifi connect on my phone, but all other devices are fine?

A

AC Question

Just before christmas, me and my boyfriend moved in with a friend of ours. Obviously, I connected to the wifi, and all was well until I came home from work early this morning. It hasn't connected all day, and it's extremely frustrating. I should note that our housemate has friends down, is there a limit to the amount of devices that can connect?

At first every time I clicked on the name to put in the password, it would disappear and then come back, then it had started saying "authentication error", now it keeps disappearing again.

I have tried turning the wifi off and back on again on my phone, doing a soft reset, manually inputting the network etc.

I'm on my last tether and don't know what to do anymore. I've tried uninstalling apps and turning off wifi on other devices, does anyone have a solution that works?

(I have a Samsung J3)

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Does your phone only have problems connecting at home? Does it connect outside of home... at public places, ie, Starbucks, Libraries, etc? Might be a router setting at home. You might reset the router, double-check the password, or check if MAC filtering is turned on. If MAC filtering is turned on, and your phone isn't listed as an authorized device, you won't be able to connect to the router.

Amber Stanley1

Jan 28, 2017
Visit site
I haven't had a chance to check for others, as I said, it was only when I got home at 430 this morning that I found out it wasn't working. I've checked the password, it is definitely right. Someone came round today and connected for the first time and it worked

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11