Cheetah Mobile?

Rikku Watro

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
For almost 3 years, I've been using Clean Master to clear junk files and such (and occasionally also Battery Doctor and CM Security). My friend uses CM Browser for internet access. However, I've read multiple posts about Cheetah Mobile possibly being the source of certain suspicious sites.

I've already uninstalled all Cheetah Mobile apps, but I still occasionally run into suspicious sites! Has Cheetah Mobile already caused problems to my phone before I noticed?

Rikku Watro

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I still couldn't get rid of those darn sites! I've come across posts where some people say clearing the app data didn't stop the spam sites from popping up!

Attachments

• angelfire spam1-1.jpg
    angelfire spam1-1.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 8

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ummmmmm... that video shows how to reset Chrome's settings -on the desktop-. And I saw comments by users saying that the popups keep appearing even after doing the procedure.

Since Chrome syncs across all of your devices, clearing all the browsing data on your PC from the beginning of time should also clear it on your phone. But if you want to do it directly on your phone, open Chrome, tap Menu>Settings>Privacy>Clear Browsing Data.

Rikku Watro

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
No, I haven't tried a new browser yet. Chrome seems to be the best one I can find so far (besides Firefox, which I haven't used for more than a year). Maybe I could try on Firefox.

When it comes to clearing browsing data, I always set the range to "the beginning of time" when clearing cookies. I don't use Chrome on my PC, just Firefox (and sometimes Internet Explorer), and I never use the "Sign in to Chrome" feature". The synced files don't seem to be the problem.

Rikku Watro

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Update: My friend told me that these spam sites were made because of people who want to earn money that way, and that the reason the popular websites are redirecting me could be because the people who created the spam sites injected the spam sites into the popular websites. I guess I just have to wait a bit until the popular websites' developers remove the injected spam sites :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol