Hi, I've had my GS7 since lately after the release, It has worked splendidly except for one thing which I managed to fix.
    Recently however (since about 2 months ago) my phone has started to act strangely when changing the volume with my hardware buttons.

Here's how it goes; When I play any media it plays normally, however when I press volume up/down (sometimes it takes a few clicks) it pauses the media playing... but here comes the strange part, it only does it once with 'every media' which means if I play the media again after it has been paused I can change the volume flawlessly without any strangeness... If I then start another media, like another youtube video and change volume, it pauses again and so on.

It reacts a bit differently with the stock music player, it does it once but when the music track changes it doesn't do it again, I have to actually stop the music, not pause but stop it (happens either if you close the process or doesn't use the music player for a while and it 'resets' the position of the track back to 00.00 or if you press the x button in the notification dragdown) and then play a track again.

I thought it could have been an app of mine but I cant find any suspicious ones installed..
    I am considering a reset, but I want to see if there's anything else to do before I do that, cause well a reset is never fun...

My GS7 is the SM-G930W8 with Android v.6.0.1 Marshmallow
    02-01-2017 12:20 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28008

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.
    02-01-2017 03:04 AM