I went to the gallery to look for a picture and none of my photos were there. I then went to the SD card to make sure it wasn't taken out, and it was inserted. So I went to the system setting to check of the SD card was mounted and it didn't give the option. It says "insert SD card to mount." ... I've never had this problem before and have had this card for about a year now. Its a 4gb but my system storage is 16gb so I only had 1.6 GB of data saved on there... I've taken it out and cleaned it as I've read to do and I've taken out and reinserted it. Help? Anyone??
    02-01-2017 10:54 AM
    Did you try the sd card in a computer or another phone?

There is free software available for the PC that might be able to restore your photos if the file system on your sd card is broken.
    02-13-2017 09:49 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! If you take the card out and insert it into your computer, and the computer can't read it, then card may have completely failed. I'm not sure if recovery software can help if the computer can't even read it.

Are you certain that the photos were saving to the SD card? Use a file manager app to look through your /DCIM/Camera directory on Internal Storage, or on other directories as well.
    02-13-2017 11:04 AM