yeah my phone started saying it was overheating randomly, so i let it cool down (nothing about it was hot but i went with it), then went back to what i was doing, did it again, then eventully it kept forcing itself to shut down, when it did this i kept it off for about 45 mins then started it up when it was beyond cooled and it was the same thing so it seems like some kinda bug in the system making it constantly think it is? It wont charge, when i plug it in it flashes a overheated battery icon.

I tried starting in safe mode and then restarting and different chargers/outlets but its got a problem.

So whats my next step in solving this? i have stuff on the phone i really dont want to lose,
    02-01-2017 08:01 PM
    yeah my phone started saying it was overheating randomly, so i let it cool down (nothing about it was hot but i went with it), then went back to what i was doing, did it again, then eventully it kept forcing itself to shut down, when it did this i kept it off for about 45 mins then started it up when it was beyond cooled and it was the same thing so it seems like some kinda bug in the system making it constantly think it is? It wont charge, when i plug it in it flashes a overheated battery icon.

I tried starting in safe mode and then restarting and different chargers/outlets but its got a problem.

So whats my next step in solving this? i have stuff on the phone i really dont want to lose,
    Same thing here. Let me know if you solve it and I'll do the same. In the meantime, battery is ticking away but unable to charge. This was after a software update by android.
    02-02-2017 08:05 AM